The Holiday season is here at last. There will be parties, gatherings and get togethers a plenty. Food will be everywhere and it will be next to impossible to resist temptation!
This year I have decided that I am tired of gaining all that unwanted Holiday poundage, so I have decided to try to cut out unnecessary calories from some of my favorite holiday dishes.
I had noticed the last time I was in Walmart that they had a huge selection of Clear American flavored water. The Clear American waters are completely calorie free, caffeine free, sugar free and sodium free! I decided to pick up a bottle of the Mandarin Orange flavored water and substitute it in place of orange juice and one egg in my favorite pumpkin cranberry bread.
By substituting the Clear American water I cut out around 135 calories. I plan on substituting the water in many of my other holiday baking favorites as well. I can also see the Clear American water in punch and other fabulous and festive drinks. Really the possibilities are endless!
Our waistlines will truly thank us come January after all the parties are over with and we are facing our New Years weight loss resolutions once more, only this year, we have a head start!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup Clear American Mandarin Orange Flavored Water
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease and flour two 9 x 5-inch loaf pans or 4 mini loaf pans.
- Combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Combine sugar, pumpkin, eggs, vegetable oil and flavored water in large mixer bowl; beat until just blended.
- Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in cranberries. Spoon batter into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for 60 to 65 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Disclosure: This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias, which is a vendor for Cott Beverages Inc., the manufacturer of Clear American® brand beverages. All opinions are purely my own. #CBias