My family is super excited to see “Finding Dory” in the theaters because we are huge “Finding Nemo” lovers! When Nature’s Harvest® contacted me about coming up with a new “Finding Dory” inspired sandwich, I jumped at the chance….I mean seriously two of my favorite things are food and Disney movies. How could I refuse? The challenge however, was coming up with a sandwich without using seafood but still have it be inspired by the movie. That’s how my “Fish Are Friends, Not Food” Veggie Sandwich was born!
In my sandwich, I decided to use Stone Ground 100% Whole Wheat Nature’s Harvest® bread, garlic hummus, American cheese and an assortment of healthy veggies. You really can change up the veggies depending on season or personal preference! If I was the only one eating, I would have added avocado, but alas, I’m the only one in my house that like them. This sandwich is extremely healthy and packs a ton of vitamins, around 12 grams of protein, 4 grams fiber, 33 grams carbs, 8.5 grams fat and only 245 calories per sandwich (if you go by my recipe…and give or take depending on the veggies). My kids absolutely loved it, and I thought it was quite refreshing on a hot summer day! So without further adieu…..
- 2 slices Nature's Harvest® Stone Ground 100% whole wheat bread, toasted
- 2 TBS Garlic Hummus
- 1 slice Kraft American cheese
- Assorted veggies such as carrots, cucumbers, and red pepper cut into match sticks.
- Alfalfa Sprouts, small handful
- Spread the hummus on the toasted bread.
- Layer your vegetables on the bread.
- Add the slice of cheese.
- Add the sprouts.
- Top with the other slice of bread.
From April 28 to July 7, Nature’s Harvest® bread invites you to “just keep swimming” with the Make A Splash with Whole Grains Sweepstakes on its Facebook page, where fans can enter for a chance to win weekly prizes, including movie tickets, autographed posters and more. No purchase necessary. See official rules here.
Information about Nature’s Harvest® Bread:
- Every variety of Nature’s Harvest® bread has at least 8g or more of whole grains per serving, making it the easy choice for parents looking to give their family delicious bread as part of a well-balanced, nutritious diet.
- Moms can feel good about serving their families Nature’s Harvest® bread because it’s not baked with artificial flavors, colors or high fructose corn syrup.
- Nature’s Harvest® bread is available at major retailers nationwide and comes in delicious varieties including:
- Now through July, fans can purchase any four Nature’s Harvest® breads and receive a free, limited edition Dory TY® Sparkle Eye Beanie Boo™ plush toy. Swim by www.wholegrainsplash.com for more info!
Information about the Make a Splash with Whole Grains Sweepstakes:
All entrants will have the chance to win weekly prizes, including movie tickets, autographed posters and more.
No purchase necessary
About the Movie:
Disney•Pixar’s “Finding Dory” welcomes back to the big screen everyone’s favorite forgetful blue tang Dory (voice of Ellen DeGeneres), who’s living happily in the reef with Nemo (voice of Hayden Rolence) and Marlin (voice of Albert Brooks). When Dory suddenly remembers that she has a family out there who may be looking for her, the trio takes off on a life-changing adventure across the ocean to California’s prestigious Marine Life Institute, a rehabilitation center and aquarium. In an effort to find her mom (voice of Diane Keaton) and dad (voice of Eugene Levy), Dory enlists the help of three of the MLI’s most intriguing residents: Hank (voice of Ed O’Neill), a cantankerous octopus who frequently gives employees the slip; Bailey (voice of Ty Burrell), a beluga whale who is convinced his biological sonar skills are on the fritz; and Destiny (voice of Kaitlin Olson), a nearsighted whale shark. Deftly navigating the complex innerworkings of the MLI, Dory and her friends discover the magic within their flaws, friendships and family.
Directed by Andrew Stanton (“Finding Nemo,” “WALL•E”), co-directed by Angus MacLane (“Toy Story OF TERROR!”), and produced by Lindsey Collins (co-producer “WALL•E”), Disney•Pixar’s “Finding Dory” swims into theaters June 17, 2016. For more information, like us on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/PixarFindingDory, and follow us on Twitter, https://twitter.com/findingdory and Instagram, https://instagram.com/DisneyPixar.
I am happy to announce that I am offering a fun giveaway as well!
One lucky reader will win (U.S. only) two (2) fish-shaped Cookie cutters and one (1) coupon valid for up to $5 off any Nature’s Harvest® bread!