I participated in this event on behalf of Wendy’s Bloggers for Idahoan Foods. I received Idahoan products to facilitate my review.
When my son Rowan was about two, ( he’s almost 13 now…sniff) his tonsils and adenoids were extremely enlarged. They were so bad that he had a hard time swallowing and he could only eat soft foods. He stopped growing for about a year due to his poor little throat. This of course worried our pediatrician and she told us to make sure to load up the foods he could eat with lots of butter and gravy and what not just to boost his caloric intake. Rowan LOVED mashed potatoes…he could eat his weight in them! Most of the time I would make mashed potatoes from scratch, but he was going through them so quickly that I just couldn’t keep up. Idahoan instant mashed potatoes saved the day! I could whip him up a batch in no time flat and he loved them. Plus I loved making the Idahoan Flavored Mashed Potatoes , so he never grew bored!
Rowan has since had his tonsils and adenoids removed, but he still loves Idahoan potatoes! I love how easy they are to prepare, which is great for super busy nights! The Idahoan potatoes come in 11 different varieties; Roasted Garlic, Loaded Baked, Italian Romano White Cheese, Golden Selects, Four Cheese, Buttery Homestyle, Applewood Smoked Bacon, Baby Reds, Baby Reds with Roasted Garlic and Parmesan , Bacon Cheddar Chipotle, and Butter & Herb. I love how versatile these potatoes are, in fact on the Idahoan website, you can find tons of recipes using these potatoes! I found a recipe for Potato Bread that sounded yummy, so I made some for my families dinner! Yum!
- 1 cup Original Mashed Potatoes (or try one of our flavored varieties to add some extra flare)
- 1½ cups warm water
- 2 packages active dry yeast (2¼ teaspoons each)
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp melted, cooled butter or oil
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 4.5-6 cups all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine warm water and yeast; let stand for several minutes.
- Stir in mashed potatoes, sugar, butter, and salt; mix well.
- Stir in enough flour to make a soft dough.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead 5-8 minutes, or until dough is smooth and elastic, adding flour as needed.
- Place dough in bowl, cover, and let rise 1 hour. Punch dough down, divide in half, and shape each half into a loaf.
- Place in 4 x 8˝ loaf pans, cover, and let rise 30-45 minutes, or until doubled.
- Bake 30-35 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool on wire rack.
I am so happy to be offered my readers a wonderful Idahoan Prize Pack!
Check out Idahoan on Facebook!
Win It: One lucky reader will win an Idahoan Prize Pack worth $50, which consists of:
- 4 pouches Idahoan Buttery Homestyle
- 4 pouches Idahoan Four Cheese
- 4 pouches Idahoan Loaded Baked
- 4 pouches Idahoan Baby Reds
- 4 pouches Idahoan Roasted Garlic
- 1 deck custom Idahoan playing cards
- 1 Idahoan branded premium soup bowl/cup
One winner per household, email address, or home address. If you have won this prize on another blog you are ineligible to win again. Winners must have a U.S.-based address to receive their prize.