I received products from JOLLY TIME Pop Corn to help facilitate this post. all opinions are 100% my own.
Did you know that October is National Popcorn month? Yup, this scrumptious snack has it’s own month! JOLLY TIME Pop Corn happens to be one of my favorite brands and I recently took the beloved treat into my kitchen to try out a new recipe I found on the JOLLY TIME website. Usually I just eat popcorn plain, but now I see what I have been missing! Also don’t forget that Halloween is great time to hand out JOLLY TIME mini bags to your tricker treaters in the neighborhood.
After perusing the JOLLY TIME website, the Haystacks really struck my fancy. So into the kitchen we went!
Here is the recipe for these scrumptious treats:
JOLLY TIME Pop Corn Halloween Haystacks
- 1 bag popped JOLLY TIME® Healthy Pop 94% Fat Free Butter Flavor Microwave Pop Corn, popped (about 12 cups)
- 1 cup chow mein noodles
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1/8 cup white chocolate or almond bark
- 1 package (12 oz.) butterscotch or peanut butter chips
- Pop popcorn according to package directions.
- Open bag carefully and pour into large bowl; discard unpopped kernels.
- Add chow mein noodles to bowl.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt baking chips, peanut butter and white chocolate, uncovered, on HIGH (100% power) for 2 minutes; stir well.
- Pour over popcorn mixture; stir until evenly coated.
- Drop mixture by large rounded tablespoonfuls onto wax paper-lined cookie sheets.
- Refrigerate until firm, 1 to 1-1/2 hours. Store in tightly covered container.