I received samples to facilitate this post. All opinions are 100% my own.
Food Glorious Food! Tis the season for some good eats and since everyone will be stuffing their faces, why don’t you make some treats a little bit healthier by using whole wheat flour instead of white! That’s the challenge I was given by taking part in the Hodgson Mill “Have a GRAIN Holiday” Baking Contest! Idecided to incorporate my home state into the contest by making Maine Blueberry Gingerbread!
Hodgdon mills would also like to share this coupon good for $1 off any 5LB bag of flour or cornmeal!
Now here is my recipe that I entered into the Hodgson Mill “Have a GRAIN Holiday” Baking Contest!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups Hodgson Mill White Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons molasses
- 1 cup Maine blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a 9 x 9 pan
- Cream butter with sugar, and egg
- Beat well
- Mix dry ingredients and add alternately to the creamed mixture with the buttermilk
- Add the molasses
- Stir in blueberries
- Pour batter into greases pan
- Bake for 50 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean when tested
Look for a Hodgson Mill giveaway soon!