I received samples to facilitate my post. All opinions are 100% my own.
I have a small confession to make…. sometimes I cheat on coffee and have a cup of tea. I know, I know, I profess my love for coffee almost on a daily basis, how could I right? Well sometimes if I’m feeling slightly under weather or it’s really cold outside, Tea just really hits the spot! Let me tell you there is nothing better then a cup of Mighty Leaf Tea Bombay Chai on a cold day!
Mighty Leaf Tea also makes a fantastic gift!
I got to pick the Mighty Leaf TeaTop Brew Mug and the Mighty Leaf Sweet Selections for my review and let me tell ya I am head over heels for the brew mug! here is a little more information on both of these fantastic gift options:
Mighty Leaf TeaTop Brew Mug
Our TeaTop Brew Travel Mug is good to go. You no longer have to drink over-brewed tea. Featuring the patented TeaTop lid, this brew mug is a “traveling teapot” perfect for enjoying whole leaf Tea Pouches.
The brewing system is simple: Fold the tea tag in half and thread through the underside of the slit on the lid. Once the brew time indicated on the tea tag is reached, just pull up on the string. This squeezes the oils of the Tea Pouch into the infused beverage below and pulls the spent Tea Pouch up to rest in a domed area. You never have to drink over-infused tea again. The body is crafted of double-walled stainless steel keeping your tea hot, while staying cool to the touch.
Mighty Leaf Sweet Selections
Sweet Selections will satisfy the sweet tooth craving naturally with this selection of our whole leaf tea pouches. Includes a 15 count Tea Pouch box each of: Orange Dulce, Vanilla Bean and Bombay Chai. Tea Pouches are individually packaged in cello wrap.
Here are some tips on how to brew tea and how to use tea in recipes:
- Prepare your tea with filtered or bottled water. Avoid tap, distilled, or mineral water.
- Be sure not to over-boil the water as it makes flat tasting tea.
- For black tea and herbals, hot water is key! Please do not let the water sit and cool before adding the tea pouch.
- Brew green teas in water 30 to 40 degrees below boiling. At this temperature, the steam from the kettle rises in curling wisps rather than a vertical column. Or boil water and let it sit for 1-3 minutes before adding the tea pouch.
- Immerse the tea pouch completely in the hot water and move it back and forth several times to maximize water flow through the bag.
- There is a recommended brew time on the tag of our tea pouches. Steep 4 to 5 minutes for black tea, 3 minutes for green tea, and 5 minutes for herbals.
- Use a timer and be careful not to over-steep which can impart a bitter taste.
- Reusing the tea pouch is not recommended.
- Store tea in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
Tea is a versatile ingredient that can be used to make lattes, smoothies, mocktails, and cocktails. Substitute tea for coffee to make a Vanilla Bean Latte. For ingredients, you will need Vanilla Bean, a black tea from Mighty Leaf with Madagascar vanilla, purified water, and milk (sugar is optional). The recipe is here: http://www.mightyleaf.com/tea-recipes-vanilla-bean-latte/.
For a new twist on eggnog, steep Bombay Chai from Mighty Leaf Tea in hot water, chill it, and add sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and eggnog. Mighty Leaf’s Chai Nog Latte recipe has just the right aroma to bring back Holiday memories.
Impress your friends with tea infused cocktails. Celebrate in style with a Bourbon Nectar by steeping Organic African Nectar by Mighty Leaf Tea, chill it, then add bourbon, simple syrup, and a squeeze of fresh lemon. Check out our video of this recipe at http://www.mightyleaf.com/learn_tea-recipes-tea-cocktails/#Tea Cocktail Recipes.
Pair Tea with Holiday dinner courses:
Just like wine, pairing tea with food adds an artistic flair to a multiple course meal. Full bodied black tea complements main dishes with poultry, meat, and game. More delicate green teas work well with fish and vegetables. Surprise your friends with an unusual white tea, like White Orchard from Mighty Leaf Tea, and pair it with fruit or cream based desserts. For more tips, go to http://www.mightyleaf.com/pairing-tea-with-food/.
Cooking with Tea:
Mighty Leaf Teas and Gifts can be purchased at http://www.mightyleaf.com/ and you can also find them on Twitter and Facebook. Sign up for Mighty Leaf email newsletters and receive a coupon for 15% off tea.
Win It: One lucky reader will win a Tea Top Brew Mug and Mighty Leaf Sweet Selections set.