Heads up Mainers! The MilkWise tour will be coming to Maine, October 9th, 10th and 12th! You can catch the tour at Monument Way in Portland on 10/9 with treats from Two Fat Cats bakery, Falmouth Fall Classic on 10/10, and the Maine Mall on 10/12! How exciting! Living over an hour away, I unfortunately can’t make it, but I hope a few of my readers can!
Did you know that you can also cook with MilkWise? Pretty much anything you can do with regular milk, you can also do with MilkWise. I decided to bake a cake with Vanilla MilkWise, and it tasted fabulous! Here is the recipe:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoonsalt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup Vanilla MilkWise
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- 5 TBS unsalted room temp. butter
- 3/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup of heavy cream
- Reeses Pieces
- Reeses Peanut Butter Cups
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 C).
- Butter two 6-inch round cake pans.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, and salt.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan.
- Stir in the cocoa powder, boiling water; boil for 30 seconds and remove from heat.
- Pour over the dry ingredients and gently stir.
- Whisk together the Milkwise, vinegar, egg, baking soda and vanilla.
- Stir into the chocolate batter and mix just until combined.
- Pour into the prepared pans and bake until a toothpick comes out nearly clean, about 20 minutes.
- While cake is baking, mix your powdered sugar, peanut butter, and room temp. butter in a bowl with an electric mixer.
- Once mixed add your vanilla extract and heavy cream.
- Mix everything together until it is all combined and smooth.
- Remove cake from oven and allow to cool in the pans for 10 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack.
- Once cake has completely cooled, frost and decorate! Enjoy!
I hope everyone goes out and tries MilkWise for themselves! It’s available now in grocery stores in the Northeast!
Stay up to date with MilkWise on social media:
o Facebook: Facebook.com/MilkWise
o Twitter: @BeMilkWise
o Hashtag: #MilkWise
Have you tried MilkWise yet?